The Council is made up of a Chairman, a Vice-chairman and 20 members appointed by the Minister for Home Affairs. All members of the Council serve as volunteers. A secretariat located within the Police Public Affairs Department supports the Council.
The Council's membership reflects Singapore's diversity. It includes individuals with varied and diverse experience in organisations such as :-
- Cyber Security Agency of Singapore
- Housing and Development Board
- Orchard Road Business Association
- People’s Association
- Singapore Contractors Association of Singapore
- Singapore Hotel Association
- Singapore Police Force
- The Association of Banks in Singapore
Each appointment is for a term of 3 years. The Minister for Home Affairs may renew an appointment for an additional term.
The Board of Directors meet once every months for briefing on state of crime and crime preventive measures. The Annual General Meeting is held in July each year to receive and approve the report of the Board of Directors, and to transact any other business.